Scholastic COVID-19 Permissions and Resources
These are challenging times for all of us and we are particularly sensitive to the needs of children to continue their learning and to reap the many benefits that literature brings them. Scholastic have a range of resources to support home learning use by educators, administrators, and families listed below.
Having reviewed the resources we are providing and taking account of the need to protect the copyright in our books we can confirm that online readings of books published by Scholastic Limited (or our imprints such as Alison Green Books) are subject to the following conditions which apply throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
Online readings by public libraries and bookshops
- A maximum of two books may be read for each of January, February and March 2021.
- All videos are to be live or pre-recorded live readings and can be shown on the relevant library’s official website or Facebook channel at the time of the reading only.
- Videos are not to be made available for download or publicly available on any other social medial or digital platforms.
- The author and the illustrator (if any) are both fully credited together in the video.
- Scholastic Children’s Books are mentioned either in the video or in the description.
- No charge is allowed for these reading sessions.
Please note that for any books published by one of our group companies such as Scholastic Australia (e.g Wonky Donkey, Pig the Pug) or Scholastic Inc. (e.g Goosebumps) you will need to seek permission directly from them. Our UK office is happy to forward any requests or answer any queries, please contact Pippa Watts at email@example.com for assistance.
Online learning through schools
Whilst schools are continuing to teach remotely, online readings can take place through a password protected area of a school’s website or through platforms such as Google Classrooms or similar. Online readings should not be made publicly available online and only accessible by the students of the school. The readings must be removed from the platform as from 1st April 2021.
Photocopies of books should continue to be carried out as per the terms of your CLA licence.
Should you have any queries regarding the use of our books by schools please contact Rachel Partridge, Group Marketing and PR Director, for clarification.