Submitting manuscripts to Scholastic
Guidelines for submitting manuscripts to Scholastic children’s books
Scholastic Children’s Books no longer accepts unsolicited manuscripts. We are happy to receive unsolicited illustration samples, but please do not send original artwork as it will not be returned and there may not be a response.
Sample illustrations should be sent to The Editorial Department, Scholastic Children’s Books, Euston House, 24 Eversholt Street, London, NW1 1DB.
Guidelines for submitting manuscripts, book or teacher resource ideas
Scholastic welcomes manuscripts for either its Educational Publishing division.
- Your work should be printed on A4 paper, so that it can be read clearly and without difficulty. Please give a brief summary of your idea (ideally no more than one side of A4) and a few sample activities or sections from the book.
- Please also include brief information about yourself, including relevant teaching (or other) experience.
- When you send your manuscript, please always enclose a stamped addressed envelope if you would like it to be returned to you.
- Don’t worry if you don’t receive a reply for some time. We receive an enormous number of unsolicited manuscripts, and it can take a while to carefully consider each. Six months is a reasonable length of time to expect to wait.
- Do not be depressed if your work is not accepted. Getting work published can be a frustrating process, and it’s often best to be prepared for disappointment.
- The manuscript should be sent in hard copy form to: The Editorial Department, Scholastic Ltd, Education Division, Book End, Range Road, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX29 0YD.
Unfortunately Scholastic is unable to accept any unsolicited manuscripts sent via e-mail or on CD.