International Women’s Day
Discover more about the lives of some of the most influential and inspiring women from throughout history this International Women’s Day.
The Scholastic Resource Bank has a range of resources exploring the life and work of some of the world’s greatest women.
We’ve selected just a few of our favourites below or you can visit our online Resource Bank to browse find even more resources and activities that celebrate the achievements of amazing women from throughout history.
A selection of resources and activities focused on the life and work of Marie Curie, including:
- Marie Curie PowerPoint lesson plans (KS2 and KS1)
- The life and work of Marie Curie timeline
- Science experiment ideas based on the work of Marie Curie
A selection of resources and activities focused on the life and work of Florence Nightingale, including:
- Florence Nightingale lesson plans (KS2 and KS1)
- Lady with the Lamp poem and other English activities
- Florence Nightingale assembly plan
A selection of resources and activities focused on the life of Rosa Parks, including:
- Rosa Parks – Discussion questions
- Rosa Parks – Sequencing activity
- An in-depth article on the life of Rosa Parks
Check out this brand new Mary Seacole cross-curricular PowerPoint lesson plan!
A selection of resources and activities focused on the suffragette movement, including:
- A suffragette timeline
- The suffragette movement – a photograph slideshow
- In-depth articles on the life and work of Emily Davison and Emmeline Pankhurst.