Books to Ease Those Back-to-School Anxieties
Whether they’re starting Nursery or Year 7, it’s completely normal for your child to feel nervous as September approaches.
We’ve put together a list of reassuring books to help show your child that despite feeling nervous, they’ll find their feet and flourish in their new environment.
Browse more books, perfect for easing back-to-school anxieties:
5booksTom Percival Pack x 5
- A Little Bit Brave
- My Monster and Me
- The Worrysaurus
Marvel Rocket and Groot: Little Groot, Big Feelings
- When Sadness Comes to Call
When Jelly Had a Wobble
- What's Worrying You?
- Big Words for Little People: Calmness
- Stories for Kids Who Dare to Be Different
- Dream Big: Heroes Who Dared to Be Bold (100 people - 100 ways to change the world)
- Stories for Boys Who Dare to Be Different
- The You Are Awesome Journal
- Fearless! How to Be Your True, Confident Self
- Be You: Bold and Brilliant Journal
- You Are Awesome
- Dare to Be You
- The Dare to Be You Journal
- Back On Track
Show and Tell
- Ruby's Worry
Spreading My Wings
The Boy Who Made Everyone Laugh
- Meesha Makes Friends
- Can I Play?
- Let's Stick Together
- Perfect Fit
- Friendship Bench
Sharing a Shell
The Squirrels Who Squabbled
- Can You See Me?
- Nat Enough
- Go Big: The Secondary School Survival Guide
- Ella on the Outside
- The Boy at the Back of the Class
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Making Friends (Graphic Novel)
- Harry Potter: Back to Hogwarts School Planner
- Peppa Pig: Lotte Llama Starts Playgroup
- The Secret School Invasion
- The Mega Magic Teacher Swap
- School for Good and Evil
Welcome to Dinosaur School
- Worst Witch
- The Pigeon HAS to Go to School!
Cuts Both Ways
- Jummy at the River School #1: Jummy at the River School
- How Not to Lose It: Mental Health Sorted
- How to Be a Boy
- All the Things You Will Do (PB)
You can find these books, and even more books on the Scholastic shop here.